Thursday, December 4, 2014

I don't need...

Today I went to the DollarTree to look and see if there were any fun Christmas goodies. There were not! I should really know better. 
As I was leaving an older women stopped and asked how old the baby was. Rebekah was in her carseat covered up and she couldn't see her. Here's how the conversation when:
Me- "She's almost 4 months"-me smiling proudly
Older Lady-"Mine are 60 & 62"-said somewhat carelessly
Me- "Wow" -Impressed, she didn't look quite that old
Older Lady- "But I haven't seen either of them since 1972"-Still quite careless
Me-"Oh, that's too bad"-Astonished that she hadn't seen her children in over 40 years.
Older Lady-"That's ok, they stole crap from me"
Me-"Oh goodness" -not sure how to respond
Older Lady- "I don't need no kids, husband or cats-they're not worth it"-And she walked away
I left astonished and grateful for my own husband, children & cats, as well as the rest of my family, friends, ward members, etc. I need all of these people in my life. They make by day brighter, bring a smile to my face, teach me and allow me to learn and grow. 
During Thanksgiving we got to spend the week with my sisters family. We played games, took outings, ate yummy food and just enjoyed being with one another. 
Love my family!


 

1 comment:

  1. I have met that same lady at the Dollar Tree. I felt the same way as you do.

    ReplyDelete