Thursday, January 8, 2015

My Hurdles



I know I need to be more healthy.  I know I need to loose weight.  I know it won't be easy and I'm a wimp.
Today I went on my second walk for the week,  only a mile and a half (better than nothing). I'm wanting to do at least 3 good walks a week. I feel like the hurdles in front of me are almost insurmountable. Here's my pity party list:
  • Time-i constantly feel like I have zero time.  Monday,  fhe; Tuesday, stake meetings; Wednesday,  stale meetings; Thursday, mutual /scouts. PTO. Pick up,  drop off. The list just keeps going.
  • My health-now this should be a reason to do this rather than a hurdle, but sometimes it just feels to big! Between migraines, thyroid and my back (apparently  I have a deformed and slipped LA vertebrae causing a lot of m my pain) it just seems to be too much.
  • Nate -sorry my sweet, but your love of running and all things  healthy have really tainted  me. Seriously, you run marathons. Who does that! Well you do and are amazing and it kind of makes me feel like i'm not. I love that you have a means to de-stress, but seriously, it kind of drives me crazy. Love you!
  • Fear of failure-this isn't my first go at this.  My last effort resulted in a bout of plantar fasciitis. I've never been successful  at loosing  any amount of weight, ever!

So here's to a new year with a vision (I'm liking the idea of a vision rather than goal) of better, health,  more energy and looser pants!

2 comments:

  1. I feel ya, girl! I live with a "runner/P90Xer", too, and I have felt those same feelings. I start something healthy and get sidetracked easily. BUT you have to be kind to yourself and celebrate the victories that you do make! You are amazing and I admire you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are always hurdles. I am finally at a place (mentally) where I feel like I can do something. Sometimes the mental battle is harder than the physical battle.

    ReplyDelete