Friday, January 23, 2015

Some answers and some questions

Last Friday Benjamin had an appointment at CHLA (Children's Hospital LA) with a Pediatric Neurologist. Our pediatrician had asked us to go. Benjamin has had what I call a "Tick" since he was little. She wanted us to make sure it wasn't anything more serious. Neither Nate or I were concerned, but went ahead with the appointment. 
Nate took him in while I took everyone else to a playground at Griffith Park. They loved the park. We also tried to go to the observatory, but it wasn't open yet.

I picked up Nate and Benjamin and they both seemed happy with the appointment. The Doctor said the Benjamin has what are called "Stereotyped Movements". They are voluntary, and he will likely learn to control them. There are no further tests and no need for further follow up. Nate felt like she knew exactly what was going on (he showed her a couple of videos) and could explain everything very clearly. Answers and a win for the doctor!

We enjoyed spending the rest of the day in LA. We went and explored the Griffith Observatory. The kids really enjoyed learning about space and the planets.




We also spent some time at REI (Nate's favorite!), Cafe Rio and Costco. 

Onto the questions....
Our little Rebekah continues to keep us on our toes-nothing serious though. I took her in 2 weeks ago because she had been so fussy. 

I was sure she had an ear infection. Nope. But the doctor felt she wasn't gaining weight fast enough. She has me taking an herbal supplement to and increase my milk and she nurses at least every 2 hours-around the clock! 

I took her back in the week and she was satisfied with her weight gain, she is now 14.7 lbs but the fussiness hasn't subsided at all. She's still eating just as frequently and screaming if she doesn't...I'm now thinking it's a gas problem. That or she's just a grouchy child. Hopefully at some point I can get more than an hour and a half of continuous sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment