Monday, February 16, 2015

Valentines!

Our Valentine's Day might have been somewhat unconventional. Here's what we did.
Nate made pancakes and eggs for breakfast. A yummy way to start the day! Nate headed out on a longish run (13 miles-two weeks 'til his next marathon) and I headed to the grocery store with Emma & Rebekah. We needed to get the rest of our supplies for Ronald McDonald house lunch. Once back Emma had a friend over and Nate and the boys headed out to fix a geocache that they had placed a while ago. I worked on laundry and my Sunday lesson for YW.
Emma made up mac & cheese and hot dogs for the kids. Nate and I headed to our favorite dinner spot-Bernadinos. Not super romantic (especially having Rebekah with us) but boy the food is good!
On the way home Nate mentioned that we should go star gazing. I had never seen a shooting star and he decided that needed to change. We headed home, grabbed camp chairs and a blanket and drove out of town away from the lights.
Unfortunately with it being a long weekend our desert was full of RVers. Still with no moon we had a pretty amazing sky to look at. It was chilly and Rebekah wasn't a fan, but I saw my shooting star. I love being able to enjoy and appreciate the creations of our loving Heavenly Father and the night sky is surely one of those!
We grabbed Reece's Freezes on the way home and found a movie on Amazon Prime-The Italian Job. Rebekah slept through the whole thing! She the promptly woke up after the movie and kept me up for another 2 hours...
We spent the day doing things as a family, getting things done. What better way to show our love for one another than spending time and being with them. I love my family and am especially grateful for Nate. We've commented lately how CRAZY life seems. 5 children, Nate's job, PTO and Stake President...and it's not slowing down.

We are loved completely...something to work towards as we strive to be more like our Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment